Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fast Ride

Sorry for the lapse in emails. I haven't had internet for 3 days, and yesterday after returning from Africa I was exhausted. So I'll do my best to catch up.

This is FR's special day!! :) Easter Sunday morning – the plan was for the parents to pick me up from my apartment at 10:15am and head out to a new city. Cordoba was really beautiful. The scenery on the way there was gorgeous. Dad got super tired on the way there and even let me drive the fancy schmany rental. Another giant leap for mankind was that we didn't argue at all while I was driving. We stopped and I showed them the Pim's, which we bought and we headed on our way.

Mom and I played the happy game, (a game I made up where you list details in life that bring you joy.)

When we got there we found excellent parking. Rita (the GPS named short for Senorita) got us a little bit lost due to the Easter Parade street block offs, but we shrugged it aside since we had the parking fairy on our side. We walked toward the bridge and took lots of pics. As we crossed over into the other side we found gypsies who told mom “you'll have a short life.” when reading her right hand and “you'll have a long life.” when reading her left hand. I think they were legit, don't you?

We walked through the cathedrals and all the old city. It was really beautiful, as you can see from the pictures. The detailed work in all of the pieces that came together. We discussed how the US is so efficient, but something gets lost in the rush to get it done. It was really a new perspective on the wisdom of the other side. Taking time to craft and build. Hundreds of years later, things still in tact.

Life is good!!












1 comment: