Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fat Rabbit

Of course I ate the most I have eaten today since the whole time I've been in Spain because my parents arrived here. YES! Me mammy and pappy! We met up at the corner McDonald's (because you can't miss it) and headed from there to get Turkish food. The male owner was so funny. We sat outside and had yummy eats.

From there the 3 of us headed to try to find Old Town. We're not sure if we located it, but we did park and walk around a bit. We found lots of little treasures there. There were tiny cafes and beautiful side vendors. Really nice. I bought a gorgeous scarf that I'm so in love with for 5 Euro. I thought of Simone when I bought it. So something she would love and wear. We also discovered a beautiful church but it wasn't open. Interesting though, as we walked into the souvenir store for the church I noticed some Klu Klux Klan clay figurines for sale. I asked the owner what they were and he told us that during the week they have a procession. To them these tall pointed hoods are not KKK, they are a positive sign of religion. Each color represents a different day. So funny how the corn candy hats triggered something sensitive inside of me.

We left there and headed to eat a tiny place called "The Picadero" which means 'the arena.' I don't know why it means that, but it does. The place was filled with interesting art - some modern and some classic. We sat down and ate an 18 course meal.

1 Bottle "Arroyo" (Red) Wine
Warm bread w/ olive oil and butter
Salmon Tart
Spinach Salad with 3 inche large slices of fresh Parmesean
Chicken Pate
Mom & I both had Ox Tail and Dad had Sea Bass, HUGE.
Chocolate fondue for mother and I with fruit, dad had a trilogy of chocolates - dark, milk, white truffles laid on top of white and milk chocolate syrup
Cafe con leche & cappucinno
Dessert biscuits and apricot liqueor (2 shots a piece)

GEEEEZZZZZ..... I feel like a camel. I'm pretty sure I could not eat again for 3 months and be able to survive off of this.

But, life is good. I said "gordo" when they picked up my plate. He laughed. Yes!! I remembered the right word!!

Night!
xoxo
jojo

No comments:

Post a Comment