Thursday, April 23, 2009

Foot Rest

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately... on who I am and what I've become. One thing that is more apparent to me every day is that we are all talking to ourselves. Each and everyone. The information that we know and share is what we like to hear, or in many many cases what we want to hear.

If someone asks me for my opinion I am of course going to address the issue in my shoes. Generally this happens without being aware that I am giving my Self advice. This also happens in the case of gossip. If you ever hear someone spouting off on someone else, you can generally turn those words around back on them, and the description is probably going to fit. You may not agree, but test the hypothesis and you will either be silently giggling, and/or stop gossipping.

Someone once told me that we are all hypocrites. I remember it made me feel so mad. Then it made me mad because it made me mad. I knew that the only reason it would anger me is because I was afraid it was true.

We are all hypocrites. I am a hypocrite. What we preach is what we need to hear. What we declare about ourselves is us convincing. Are there exceptions? Most undoubtedly. But I am also certain that the exceptions live within those that already knew that it was an exception.

Anyway, I'm learning about life and people. I am learning, and I am happy for that.

Tomorrow morning I work with a Spanish tutor (one of the students' mom) and then off to dance.

Life is good.
jojo

1 comment:

  1. aaah yes..the whole "u dont like in others what you dont like about urself" deal.
    i agree...yet we all have the power to live, learn and let go..and thats dope..while others remain stagnant in their negativity. This we cant help and sometimes dont like, but it becomes a motivation for u NOT to be that way. LOL.
    Ok hope ur enjoyin urself..looks like u are..much love
    candy

    ReplyDelete