Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Food Recovery

Granada here we come! Alhambra here we come!! Or atleast we thought! It was supposed to take us 2 hours to get there, but it ended up taking nearly 4 after construction, traffic, and getting lost. Geez! It was such a beautiful day, too. We ended finding amazing parking, however, so we were grateful about that. The rest of the day was a breeze, despite not really knowing where we were going. Also, the Alhambra we wanted to go to books 3 weeks out. Another little loop hole, but we saw gorgeous town and did some wonderful shopping and ate an even more amazing lunch.

The lunch, and even the gelato dessert I'd say, were the highlight. But, trust me when I tell you, they were enough to pull it through to a fantabulistic event. We had tapas at a spot located on the Rio. It didn't look like anything much – well the waiter did – but the overall place was just decent. We walked in and noticed tapas for approx 3 Euro a piece. We started with 6 and decided to go from there. We ordered Manchego cheese, salomi, pork in salsa, fries with garlic mayonnaise and ketchup, calamari, and one other one I can't remember. So amazing. Dad ordered an Alhambra beer which was one of the best beers I've tasted and mom and I shared a bottle of water so big you could bathe in it. But we finished it, and paid our tab. 24 Euro for 3 people with fab food and beer is unheard of.

Now, let's talk about this Cone-Inn-Pizza. Can I take a vote on any one thinking this sounds good? I decided it would require too much head tilting during eating and carrying cases would be too much cardboard waste, mom said it just sounded gross, and dad said they should have buffalo wings as cherries on the top. Gross.

It was really a nice day. We headed back, sat in another 4 hours of traffic, and decided to call it an early evening. We got pizza from Papa Luigi's next door to their apartment and watched a movie called “One Good Year.” Good movie. Good enough for pizza and family! :) I spent the night at their house. Tomorrow was Morocco and we had to wake up at 4:45 am.
It's a good life, but just with lots of traffic and great food!!

I'll have to write about aFRica and today tomorrow. I'm pooped.





thats alhambra behind me
gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment