Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fearless Receptionist

I woke up feeling really lonely and disconnected from my Self today. No one here my age who speaks my language. Haven't been dancing very much, and I don't get to go to classes every day and hear people tell me how great I am. It's hitting me that I have to rely on my Self for just about every ounce of love... I'm also really missing hugs. I did a little meditation. I had (another) amazing chat with Mike Slack last night. So grateful for him. He is one of my spiritual mentors. Great person, great words, great deeds. Anyway, today picked up and actually Teri and I talked more today than since I've been here. That helped, and I'm over my Self a bit, just ya know... sometimes I feel like that.

On the logistic side of things....

We had to go BACK to DMVodophone again today. Apparently the money we had placed onto the internet was actually placed onto the phone, so we ran out of minutes. When I walked into the DMV again today the lady took one look at me and said "Que pasa?" (What happened?) This poor poquito English lady finally got us through it AGAIN (after an hour.) I'm sure I'm easy to remember. I'm the one with the bull ring in my nose, which I'm sure has been made into some sort of Bull Ring/Spanish/Bullfighter joke right in front of me in Spanish. Wish I could've heard it so I could tell you.

After getting that sorted out we went to Sol Mar Car Rental which is out in Malaga - about 30 minutes away at the airport. Stopped at a gas station and I caught this AWESOME picture of the cities edge, city, and ocean. We wanted to see if we could get the car switched to automatic, but they didnt have anything available until April 1st, and then it would be an extra 8E a day. Not sure about that. I might have to be a walking fool, or just suffer through a series of stalling and trying to get into 1st on these steep hills and tiny parking lots. Ech. Just don't want to. Can someone send me a car please?????? (Automatic... with a CD player and a sunroof! A smart car will do!!! Hmm.... White!)

I taught my first set of classes today since the workshop. The students are truly amazing. They did so great. I love them. It's really rewarding. I think dance and the studio will do well here and I'm honored to be a part of the start of it all.

Other than that, we ate at the Kebap place again bc it's right by the studio, and headed home. I noticed this sign because I am most certainly my mothers daughter.
Love you, miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment