Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Odds and Ends


I am going to be intermittent writing blogs until the Spain portion of this story begins, but I wanted to mention a few things about my flight/trip to DC.


The most important part is that as I was trying to squeeze through the aisle past the beverage cart on the plane the stuartess said "You can do it! You're very skinny!" Can you believe it? She said very? It was at this moment I knew Alaska Airlines was delivering high quality customer service. They did offer snacks - a zesty nut bag thingy and a lemon snickerdoodle. I also had the option to purchase a choice of three meals. I chose the sesame chicken wrap which was actually quite good. However, is it me? Or is the picture attached parsley? And if so, what was it doing in my wrap? It was awful! And even more awful having to discretely slide it out of my mouth. Tilting my head was my secretive tactic.


They did call me very skinny though.


Other than that, the trip has been great. I've gotten to see my family a few times already, a few friends, (and received an itinerary that they'll be visiting me in Spain - woohoo!!!) I've hot tubbed in 20 degree weather, eaten hershey kisses for breakfast, taken a dance class, eaten free donuts and croissants at 1 am and assisted in my best friend playing hookie. Its all been yummy.


Tomorrow I hope to get my IPOD fixed in the morning and shoot a little freestyle footage in NE, DC. I don't like to be unproductive so I decided to utilize other bored people and document some of my skills in my lovable hometown. Should be able to keep warm. I'm thinking Arboretum or maybe Strathmore Hall in Rockville. Will keep you posted!!


P.S. Circo (sp?) Restaraunt in Dupont Circle is delicious and great service! And it's open late!

2 comments: