Saturday, March 21, 2009

Finally Real

Things are starting to set in, as life becomes more normal and I'm starting to do activity and get settled. Finally Real and I are feeling like we might actually be in Spain now.....

Today I woke up early - 9am. My body is still not adjusted to Spain time difference - 8 hours ahead. We headed down early to the club. The studio we are using isn't ready until 3 weeks from now, so we're renting out a club until then. Fun! The club is called Tabu, and is located in the middle of the Marbella Town Square. Tony and I walked around and had breakfast. Nothing is open until after noon, but we found a TGIF that a breakfast deal for 8euro. It wasn't that good, but it wasn't that bad. Apparently they have baked beans for breakfast.

We headed back to the club and danced a bit together until the students arrived. At 2, they started to show up. Tony taught hip hop, I taught Jazz, then he taught hh again. It was good. The students were receptive, although shy. Tony and I are both really adament about dancers dancing rather than doing choreography, so we were really trying to get them to open up. Time, though.

After the classes stopped, it was just a bit after 8pm. I headed to the grocery store, Tony headed to the bookstore, and Teri headed back to the house to pick up her information for the internet she wanted to re-up on. I will be able to post pics tomorrow! :) I bought about 45euro in groceries. Everything here is so expensive! Tonight I bought a Corona that was 7euro. That's about 8 dollars for a beer! And we went out to eat the past two nights. Average cost was 27euro a head. Geesh!!!

We headed back to the apartment and Teri baked us a veggie lasagna which was YUMMY. I had a seperate [broccoli - free] lasagna baked for me. I just can't do it, I've tried. Anyway, Tony and I sat around eating lasagna and watching Catherine Tate episodes laughing and talking and sharing as always - like soul mate friends do! :) Then I decided I wanted to check out the club that we had been teaching at tonight.

Tony was convinced and we showered and got ready.

The trip there was..... interesting. Well, first of all the car is a stick shift, and if you've ever seen any part of Spain, man oh man!! It's curvy, with an average rate of 283 roundabouts per mile, and all the roads are tiny. Also, people will just park wherever they want or drive however they want. Theres really no need for courtesy here. I think he stalled about 30 times.... but I'm NOT judging. The reason I haven't driven is because I'm not handy with it, and definitely not with the parking sitch at the our apartment. When I post videos you'll see. At one point he and I had to reverse out of this tiny thingy road because someone had parked their cab in the middle of it for no reason. As we were trying to reverse out of this tiny space Tony got more and more nervous, and I doubt my incessant laughing was really helping. A neighboring sitting cab was laughing as well. I could hear him through my window. He finally got out and put his hand on Tony's wheel and directed us out. I was dying. Stupid moments make for amazing memories.

The club was decent. Apparently I was supposed to wear a black dress and strappy heels... but I didn't. I'm ok with it. I danced as I usually do and we had lots and lots of fun housing together. I had three Coronas - two of them for free (dancer life pays! wee!) and we just kicked it.

Got home safe, despite the suspicious security car shining his light on us. Got home, now I'm typing you. Finally Real was with me during the day at the club, but unfortunately he's not old enough to get into the club at night. Tomorrow we teach again and then Tony's off to Australia so it'll be just me and Teri... looks like I'll have to learn stick if I want any independence at all.

Miss you all, g'night.

2 comments:

  1. so happy you are happy! i love hearing about all the wonderful expierences and silly moments. miss you! <3 karly

    ReplyDelete