Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Feeling Rejected


The poor bunny got left home today on accident!!! :( I swear FR it wasn't intentional!!! I love you!! How did you hop out of the purse into my other bag??

Today I woke up and hopped outside like I have the past three mornings to catch some morning sun in my sexy eency weency black bikini. We decided to drive to Ronda which according to the map was about an hour away. We grabbed our clothes - and jackets too this time - and hopped into the car. Oh, sorry about the hopping FR. No pun intended... :-/

It was a gorgeous drive!! Beautiful windy roads. It reminded me of the drive to Big Bear Lake. It was very windy and very pretty. We stopped a few times. Dad is going to LOVE it here! This the golf capital of Spain and there are tremendous courses here and even greater views of them. We ended up in Ronda right on schedule. And yes, we stopped to get Pim's. MmmMMMMmMm.

We walked around a shopped the local venues. It definitely felt as if we had stepped into a time capsule. Not only were the buildings traditionally old, but it also was so interesting that it was only an hour away from Marbella which is heavily populated with high class and much more so industrialized. I bought a present for my parents and we bought an illustrated book about Southern Andalusia. Really pretty.

My favorite was / is most certainly walking onto the turn where you can view the Puerto Nuevo or "New Bridge" in Ronda. I feasted my eyes upon this huge bridge built with stone during a time period where there was no electricity. It does not matter how many times you see it in a movie or read about it. When it is there, staring back at you with so much strength and confidence and security, you wonder what has changed? How is it that they were able to construct this and make it last with no computers, no machinery to lift, no technology but their bare hands and minds? It really was breath taking for me. As I rounded the corner and walked down a bit, I began to hear a Spanish guitar playing some jazz. It was funny - I felt like I was then in a movie, in slow motion, turning the corner and hearing the man play me a tune. And then, when I was still holding in tears a flock of doves came swooping down and made circles in and around and over and under the bridge tunnel. It was spectacular. I literally felt as if peace and calm were flying into my heart and the feelings I had built up by myself of self-doubt and fear and worry were being replaced. Funny how I could literally feel years being changed by the perspective of this view. I was seeing in front of me how small I am compared to the size of the world and it's goings on, and then even more importantly, what one can accomplish with unabashed tenacity. A final breeze kissed my face and I knew it was the perfect moment.

Isn't it interesting that there were people next to me taking the same pictures and yet having a completely different experience? And I will never see them again, in my life but they were there when I went through something.

We grabbed some lunch in a little alley that we realized was Little Italy. The food was delicious enough and I was able to have Ham & Melon (hi Dad!). It was the best of any Ham & Melons I had EVER had; that makes it best out of two! I had fish & chips and finished with the ever popular Tiramisu and cappucino.

We walked back to the car and headed home. It was a peaceful drive. A great day.

I went out for a drive tonight. The stick shift is beginning to feel good. Power in my feet and hands. Feels like.... a boat or something. I don't know. Anyway, its great practice for me for my white Porsche Carerra. Mmmm.

Its a good life.

Love you, night.
Jojo MF Diggs!!!! :)
The trip.
Ooga Booga

The place where IT happened


Green Eggs & Ham & Melon

Little editing I did...

Active Bullring in Ronda

The view from a local school yard. Can you imagine this being your every day life?


Church


I just love this picture. Spanish tyle.



1 comment:

  1. love this line: I literally felt as if peace and calm were flying into my heart and the feelings I had built up by myself of self-doubt and fear and worry were being replaced

    can't wait for our porsches to meet!

    ReplyDelete