Sunday, March 29, 2009

Saturday 28th 2009



My apologies for not writing yesterday. There was really nothing to write, I was going to post a small blog but then my computer crashed late night. So, here's my one for yesterday for those of you who MUST know. Mainly, I taught for 6 hours. The dance scene here is non-existent so we are not only building the dance studio but we are building/selling the whole concept of dance, as well. The great part about that is that I am working with a lot of beginners. This is not LA level dancing by any means. Sometimes teaching beginners can be more challenging because the teacher is required to make the dances attainable and somehow still “cool.” Making choreography likable is much easier to do with out restrictions emotionally or physically. I do miss the challenges of my body that I have in LA, but there are new challenges here. Working with kids, being patient, and learning how to let go and remembering how to just have fun without thinking of it as a career. I am being refreshed and becoming more independent in my decreasing need for approval in my artistic expression. Sounds easy. Isn't. For me. Anyway, since it was the close of the first dance week I sat a few of them down post-class and asked how they were feeling. I had similar responses; they felt safe here, they felt like they could be themselves, and they felt like they were finding themselves. One girl cried and told me a story. I cried with her, because I remember feeling all the same things. It feels so amazing to make a difference in someone's life, especially one so immediate. I have a few projects (dancers) I'll be working on and helping build. I really love the kids here. They aren't exposed, but they are open. They have my heart, already. Also, I did an eency teency bit of shopping (2 jeans, 2 shirts, earrings and a eency teency bikini.) We left the studio club and went out to the local mall in La Canada. I don't have the little Spanish n on my keyboard, but its Can-ya-dah. Anywho, big fabulous mall. Folks I'll say this – be grateful about your Ben n Jerry's ice cream. We went to get some after our food court dinner, and it is 8Euro per pint. That means you're looking at about $9.50 for a pint. HOWEVER, they do have something called 1 Brownie Cheesecake (why the 1?) and that my friends is Freaking Ridiculous. Why aren't they selling this in the States?? Are they selling it? Did I miss it? Lastly, I got all dressed up to go out and the club I went to was closed. That's right, folks - closed. What club is closed on a Saturday night? Don't they know I squeezed into Spanish jeans and drove a stick shift at night for this?? How rude. So, I decided to do a little personal photo shoot. I'll spare you the details, but this one turned out okay.... Well.... look at that. I guess I did have something to write. Shrug.

1 comment:

  1. I am being refreshed and becoming more independent in my decreasing need for approval in my artistic expression.


    wow, what a breakthrough bestie!

    ReplyDelete