Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Today is the first day...

...of the rest of my life.

Tonight I leave for Spain! I feel like it's so monumental. Since I have been hired on this trip I have seen several parts of my life change. Relationships with my family and my Self, my confidence in my career, and my overall projection and feeling of accomplishment. It's been validating. I feel proud to be me.

It seems as though when someone is chasing their dreams they are looking for success and too often forget that chasing their dreams is success. There was some sort of destination for me to find approval from my parents to show them I wasn't crazy for being poor all those years. Now, I feel proud of my Self finally with them and because of that I'm able to open up to them and be a part of their life. I feel like I did it. I made something. I'm transferring over to the successful side of the books. I get to be in the Christmas letter! :)

A few people had told me I was selfish for following my dreams and a tiny part in me remembered it at times and hoped it wasn't true.

Anyway, I'm releasing so much shame and self doubt that my entire body and mind feel different. I am most definitely experiencing yet another transformation.

Suffering doesn't seem like suffering anymore. It's just growth.

I leave tonight at 10:15pm. 7ish hours to London, then 3ish hours to Malaga. I will be there tomorrow at 3:30. Exhausted, I'm certain.

Fly Roller will keep me company on the plane. :)

Thanks for reading.

Please comment and follow me so I know you're out there!

3 comments:

  1. hehe you know im here(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. "chasing their dreams is success..." I love that!!! I'll continue to follow my dreams = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going through a transformation as well. I am SURE that when I can release my self-doubt and shame I will SOAR. I am on my way. I am so glad that you are feeling your success! And I love the fact that you say that it's the journey and the will to follow your dreams that makes you successful. SO TRUE. It's good to know there are others out there looking for validation...and then finding it in themselves! : )
    - catherine from DC

    ReplyDelete